8×10 area rugs have become very popular in recent years. This is due to the increased use of wood, laminate, tile, and stone flooring throughout the home.
8×10 area rugs provide warmth, decoration, comfort, and noise reduction in the areas in which various types of flooring are used.
If you are shopping for an 8 x 10 area rug, the following information will provide you with the knowledge you need to purchase a rug that will be suitable for your needs.
Last update on 2020-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
- 1 Best 8×10 Area Rugs 2020
- 1.1 1. nuLOOM Moroccan Blythe Area Rug, 8′ x 10′, Grey/Off-white
- 1.2 2. Safavieh Madison Collection MAD600C Bohemian Chic Glam Paisley Area Rug, 8′ x 10′, Cream/Light Grey
- 1.3 3. Safavieh Hudson Shag Collection SGH281A Diamond Trellis 2-inch Thick Area Rug, 8′ x 10′, Ivory/Grey
- 1.4 4. Nourison Passion Modern Abstract Colorful Sunburst Area Rug, 8′ x 10′
- 1.5 5. Linenspa Non-Slip Area Rug Pad – 8 x 10 Feet – Excellent Grip – Indoor – Rubberized
- 1.6 6. Safavieh Monaco Collection MNC222F Modern Bohemian Distressed Area Rug, 8′ x 10′
- 1.7 7. Safavieh California Premium Shag Collection SG151-1212 Area Rug, 8′ x 10′
- 1.8 8. Safavieh Milan Shag Collection SG180-6060 Aqua Blue Area Rug (8′ x 10′)
- 1.9 9. South West Native American Area Rug Design C318 Ivory (8 Feet X 10 Feet)
- 1.10 10. Safavieh Florida Shag Collection SG454-1111 Shadow Box Border Textured 1.18-inch Thick Area Rug, 8′ x 10′, Cream/Cream
- 2 8×10 area rug shapes
- 3 8×10 area rug materials
- 4 8×10 area rug sizes
- 5 8×10 rug prices
- 6 Why Get An Area Rug?
- 7 How Do I Choose An Area Rug For My Home?
- 8 Satisfying 8×10 wool area rug washing
Best 8×10 Area Rugs 2020
1. nuLOOM Moroccan Blythe Area Rug, 8′ x 10′, Grey/Off-white
2. Safavieh Madison Collection MAD600C Bohemian Chic Glam Paisley Area Rug, 8′ x 10′, Cream/Light Grey
3. Safavieh Hudson Shag Collection SGH281A Diamond Trellis 2-inch Thick Area Rug, 8′ x 10′, Ivory/Grey
4. Nourison Passion Modern Abstract Colorful Sunburst Area Rug, 8′ x 10′
5. Linenspa Non-Slip Area Rug Pad – 8 x 10 Feet – Excellent Grip – Indoor – Rubberized
6. Safavieh Monaco Collection MNC222F Modern Bohemian Distressed Area Rug, 8′ x 10′
7. Safavieh California Premium Shag Collection SG151-1212 Area Rug, 8′ x 10′
8. Safavieh Milan Shag Collection SG180-6060 Aqua Blue Area Rug (8′ x 10′)
9. South West Native American Area Rug Design C318 Ivory (8 Feet X 10 Feet)
10. Safavieh Florida Shag Collection SG454-1111 Shadow Box Border Textured 1.18-inch Thick Area Rug, 8′ x 10′, Cream/Cream
8×10 area rug shapes
The most common shaped 8 x 10 area rug is the rectangle. The second and third on the list are round and oval-shaped rugs. Square and diamond-shaped 8×10 area rugs are less common but still possible to obtain. Popular shaped area rugs for children include animals, vehicles, and sports equipment.
8×10 area rug materials
8×10 area rugs can be found in both natural and synthetic materials. A few of the most popular synthetic materials include polypropylene, nylon, acrylic, and rayon. The most sought after natural materials include cotton, bamboo, wool, jute, sisal, and seagrass.
8×10 area rug sizes
8×10 area rugs are not always exactly 8 x 10 feet. Typically, the exact size will be 7’9″ x 10’8″, 7’8″ x 10’9″ or even 8′ x 10’6″. Oriental rugs and those of the hand-tufted variety are especially prone to be sized a little differently than exactly 8×10.
If you are shopping for a rug to fit a specific area of flooring, you will want to measure the rug to be on the safe side. If you are shopping online from a merchant such as Amazon.com, pay close attention to the manufacturer’s description that is provided.
8×10 rug prices
Prices of 8×10 area rugs will vary according to the material used or where it was manufactured. The cheap area rugs made from synthetic material can cost less than $100 whereas a high-end hand-knotted silk 8×10 area rug could cost close to $10,000. These area rugs are often made from the finest materials and are woven by hand, often taking years to produce.
Before you invest, what could be a considerable sum of money, into an 8×10 area rug, you will need to consider the following:
The area where the rug will be placed
If the rug is to be used in a high-traffic area such as a hallway or entranceway, an expensive rug that requires professional cleaning really shouldn’t be considered.
Does your household include small children or animals?
If so, you will probably have to deal with spills or messes on a daily basis. Therefore, choosing an easy-care carpet in a synthetic material would be your best bet.
How will the rug be cleaned?
An expensive, hand-made rug or one made from natural material such as wool will require professional cleaning. Over the long-term, the cost of caring for the rug can add up, if it must be cleaned frequently.
Why Get An Area Rug?
Area rugs can add character to an otherwise boring room. It gives a feeling of warmth and comfort, making any area of the house look more inviting. Area rugs are used to soften the look of homes and serve as a contrast to cold floors.
It can be a focal point or add support to the area’s focal point. It is also used to distinguish one part of the house from another. Our house does not have partitions on the ground floor, so the living and dining area is basically in one room.
I placed an area rug in the living area to make that part of the room distinct from the rest. When placed together with other ornaments and home furniture, area rugs add texture and complete the style of a room.
How Do I Choose An Area Rug For My Home?
As a rule, the design of your area rugs should be in harmony with the design of your furniture. If your furniture has ornate patterns, choose an area rug with a more subdued style or those in solid colors.
If your furniture has simple designs and solid colors, you can get a rug with a busier pattern to liven up space. There are rugs that have a central medallion design. This means that the rug has a distinct central ornament in it.
I used my area rug as a focal point, so I purchased one with this kind of design. However, if the room already has a focal point, get an area rug with a uniform pattern. This will accentuate the focal point.
What Are Available In Area Rugs?
Online stores carry a variety of rugs. They have indoor and outdoor rugs of different brands. So, if you decide to shop for a rug, you will be able to have a big option. Some of the top brands that are available in their store are Milliken, Safavieh, Concord Global, Rugs America, and Shaw Living.
They also offer rugs in a wide range of prices. If you have a limited budget, you can check rugs that cost from twenty dollars to a hundred. I checked them out when I was there and the cheaper rugs also have interesting and pretty designs. The site is specially created for those who do not have the time to go to the store to shop.
What Do I Need To Do In Selecting Area Rugs?
When visiting the store in search of an area rug, remember the design and style that you want your room to have. You can also take a sample of fabric or paint color with you, so you can see what rugs will match in online area rugs on sale.
Before purchasing any type of 8×10 area rug, it would be wise to check and compare prices online. Amazon.com has a huge selection of these types of area rugs, in all sizes, colors, shapes, and fabrics.
Satisfying 8×10 wool area rug washing