When you talk about black and white curtains, you would know that these curtains definitely add to the simplicity quotient of your home.
But, did you ever think that you could also get trendy and chic with the use of these curtains.
The black and white curtains target audience is actually quite large and it would be very difficult for us to point out and say that these are the kind of people who would like to use these curtains in their homes
Broadly, it can be said that anyone who wishes to be simple in their use of curtains and yet wishes to get trendy, falls in the black and white curtains target audience.
Last update on 2020-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Black and White Curtains
- 1.1 1. VERTKREA Stripe Window Curtain Striped Room Window Treatment Grommet Curtains 52 × 63
- 1.2 2. DriftAway Mia Stripe Room Darkening Grommet Unlined Window Curtains 2 Panels Each 52 Inch by 63 Inch Black
- 1.3 3. Lush Decor Gray Prima Window Curtains Panel Set for Living, Dining Room, Bedroom (Pair), 54 x 84-inch, 84″ x 54″, Black/White
- 1.4 4. Melodieux Moroccan Fashion Room Darkening Blackout Grommet Top Curtains for Living Room, 52 by 84 Inch, Black (1 Panel)
- 1.5 5. Achim Home Furnishings Single Panel Buffalo Check Window Curtain, 42″ x 84″, Black & White
- 1.6 6. HLC.ME Arrow Printed Privacy Blackout Energy Efficient Room Darkening Thermal Grommet Window Curtain Drape Panels for Kids Bedroom
- 1.7 7. Kotile White Sheer Curtains for Bedroom – Black Foil Moroccan Pattern Print Window Curtains 63 Inch Length Quatrefoil Pattern Black White Sheer Curtains
- 1.8 8. Fmfunctex White Black Semi-Sheer Curtains for Bedroom 63″ Tree Branch Curtains for Living Room
- 1.9 9. Curtainworks 1Q80370GWT Kendall Curtain Panel, 84 inch, White/Dark Grey
- 1.10 10. DWCN Black Ombre Sheer Curtains – Faux Linen Gradient Semi Voile Bedroom and Living Room Curtains, Set of 2 Grommet
- 2 A Variety of Black and white Curtains
- 3 Shopping
- 4 Black and White Striped Curtains
- 5 Black and white curtains for bedroom – 4 tips for buying them
- 6 Black and White Shower Curtains & Accessories
- 7 Black and White Curtains Drapes
- 8 Final words
- 9 How to Decorate With Black & White Curtains
Best Black and White Curtains
1. VERTKREA Stripe Window Curtain Striped Room Window Treatment Grommet Curtains 52 × 63
2. DriftAway Mia Stripe Room Darkening Grommet Unlined Window Curtains 2 Panels Each 52 Inch by 63 Inch Black
3. Lush Decor Gray Prima Window Curtains Panel Set for Living, Dining Room, Bedroom (Pair), 54 x 84-inch, 84″ x 54″, Black/White
4. Melodieux Moroccan Fashion Room Darkening Blackout Grommet Top Curtains for Living Room, 52 by 84 Inch, Black (1 Panel)
5. Achim Home Furnishings Single Panel Buffalo Check Window Curtain, 42″ x 84″, Black & White
6. HLC.ME Arrow Printed Privacy Blackout Energy Efficient Room Darkening Thermal Grommet Window Curtain Drape Panels for Kids Bedroom
7. Kotile White Sheer Curtains for Bedroom – Black Foil Moroccan Pattern Print Window Curtains 63 Inch Length Quatrefoil Pattern Black White Sheer Curtains
8. Fmfunctex White Black Semi-Sheer Curtains for Bedroom 63″ Tree Branch Curtains for Living Room
9. Curtainworks 1Q80370GWT Kendall Curtain Panel, 84 inch, White/Dark Grey
10. DWCN Black Ombre Sheer Curtains – Faux Linen Gradient Semi Voile Bedroom and Living Room Curtains, Set of 2 Grommet
Read Next: Velvet curtains
A Variety of Black and white Curtains
The black and white curtains target audience would be treated to a vast variety of designs when they go about choosing black and white curtains for their home.
They would of course have the rather simpler designs and on the other hand, they would also have the Retro designs.
Some words need to be spent discussing the Retro designs because these designs were extremely popular some years back, until the color and fashionable designs upstaged them.
But, if marketplaces are to be believed, these retro designs are making a grand comeback and fused with the natural blessing of simplicity offered by black and white curtains, they can be considered the best.
Clearly, you would get plenty of options for you to shop and that is a big benefit for being a part of the black and white curtains, but that being said, you must follow the basic principles of shopping here too.
It is important for you to know what you want before you go shopping because that will allow you to choose the best possible curtains for your purpose. Given the fact that you would have more than a hundred options to choose from, it is your right to neglect the ones that don’t make sense to your home.
You would find some curtain designs being trendy, while quite a few others would be simple. We believe that is a risk you would often run into, if you are a part of the black and white curtains target audience. The reason is – There are so many options for you to choose from that you just can’t sit quietly for a while.
Black and White Striped Curtains
Many say that the windows are the “eyes of the room,” which is why you should make them the center of attention with black and white striped curtains. They are a functional and fashionable addition to any room. Learn more about them below.
These curtains are available in a variety of materials. The materials should be considered for their thickness since that affects the light that enters your room.
If you want a great amount of light to illuminate the room, then it may be best to choose a sheer, lightweight materials like silk, satin, or chiffon, or even medium-weight materials like polyester or cotton if you want a little light to come through.
If you wish to block out as much light as possible, try looking into heavier materials such as velvet, rayon, and various weaves like tweed.
Read Next: Red velvet curtains
You can also look into varieties that have blackout linings. Some curtains include these linings, but the linings can also be bought and attached separately. This works well if a heavy material is not available because you can simply place one of these liners behind a sheer material to keep light from entering.
While these linings block out the majority of incoming light when they are closed, they do not block out all light.
Washing instructions are another consideration. Some materials like cotton require regular washing and drying, while other materials like tweed or those with blackout linings may require dry cleaning. The care instructions should be included with your curtains.
Numerous lengths and widths exist for these window treatments. You can find many panel sizes in these black and white striped curtains that fit wide and short living room windows or tall and narrow bedroom windows. No matter what size window your rooms have, you should have little trouble finding a pair of these curtains to fit them.
Many stripe variations are also available in these black and white curtains. They can be found with wide stripes, thin stripes, or even with pinstripes. There are also different stripe orientations. The stripes can be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. They are available in more than straight stripes as well. You can find some with zigzag, chevron, and other interesting striped patterns.
Designing one yourself
Since stripes are considered a type of simple pattern, making your own pair of these curtains is also an option. You can decide on the materials if you want blackout lining, how thick or thin the stripes should be, and what stripe pattern and orientation you want.
A simple way to make your own is by first obtaining a pair of plain, solid white or black curtains. Then, you can easily add the same or a different material on top of these to create white or black stripes. This can be done either with or without sewing depending on your preferences.
While the pattern of these curtains has a striking appearance, they do complement many types of interior design and styles. Some have described them as “Parisian-style,” so they would fit in well with that style or other similar styles.
They also work well with styles like cottage, modern, postmodern, Gothic, and industrial. In classical, traditional, and other simpler designs, the stark contrast can be used to make them strong accent pieces. They even work well as festive pieces for holidays like Halloween. Due to being evocative of cold weather and coats, these striped panels are ideal pieces during seasons like fall.
Curtain rod colors
Various curtain rod colors also work with these curtains designs. Bold colors like black, white, and even other neutral shades can help them “pop” more. They pair nicely with classic metal colors like gold, brass, silver, etc. as well. To go with these metal rod colors, you can find matching metal accessories like grommets.
Different rod styles are another way to boost their appearance. Both simple and intricate rod styles work with them. Their presentation can be made more dramatic by using a traverse rod instead of a plain standard rod. Many varieties come with matching valences, too.
Black and white striped curtains are simple, yet eye-catching window treatments. Depending on the material and style of the room they are installed in, you can control the amount of light they allow in and the amount of impact they add to your room.
Black and white curtains for bedroom – 4 tips for buying them
If your bedroom needs a curtain urgently, going for black and white curtains is worthwhile considering it as an option. You would find black and white curtains for bedroom doing no disservice to the bedroom in any which ways.
In fact, a lot of people have used them for their bedrooms and come out praising the simplicity these black and white curtains allow in their bedrooms. One thing is for sure – Using these black and white curtains for bedroom will definitely add to the simplicity of the bedroom.
But the question is – Do you really wish to keep your bedrooms simple? What we mean to ask is – Adding curtains may not really offset all what you have done in your bedroom for sure, but are you sure that the person to whom the bedroom belongs to, would like it?
Here are 4 tips
- Always make sure the person sleeping in the bedroom is taken into confidence. This is all the more important if you are buying black and white curtains for bedroom for your kids, because they may have different tastes altogether. If you have decided to buy black and white curtains for your kids’ bedroom for the sake of matching with all other curtains, hold back a bit here because your kids might just alter your plans.
- Ensure that the black and white curtains don’t disturb the ambience of the bedroom – Now, this is critical. All said and done, you don’t want to bring in something that upsets the aesthetics and the ambiance of the bedroom.
- Watch out for the fabric – Alright, this is where you would need to get a bit technical. How would you like to keep the curtains? Would you like the black and white curtains to be inside of the window, or would you like it to be half-inside and half-outside, flapping out in the winds? All said and done, you must take note of the climate outside of your home, because you would also need to maintain these curtains well.
- Finally, how much would it cost – Eventually, all you would be buying is a curtain for your bedroom, so why spend a fortune in buying black and white curtains for bedroom? After all, when you are sleeping, the curtain is probably the last thing in the world, you would want to look at. Some black and white curtains are priced high, so if you can afford them, there is no stopping you, but the message here is – Be austere as far as possible!
Black and White Shower Curtains & Accessories
Here you can find every source of black and white shower curtains, suppliers, and patterns for you to choose from and get what you are looking for, with all the great accessories.
Black and White shower curtains not only help prevent water getting all over the bath area but they add your personal touch and beauty to the bathroom.
Many people use two shower curtains: one inside the tub to stop the water from getting all over, and another shower curtain on the outside of the bathtub, for decorative purposes only.
Black and white shower curtains made of fabric provide a textured and tasteful look for your bathroom.
Many shower curtains are basically functional with little to no design element to them, while others are a combination of a liner to protect from water and a themed outer curtain that will greatly contribute to the overall bathroom design scheme.
Can any fabric pattern be used on a black and white shower curtains? In fact, some custom and designer shower curtains utilize fabrics one usually wouldn’t consider suitable enough for the bathroom.
Fabric shower curtains in black and white are furnished with eyelets & grommets to be suspended with curtain rods in a fashionable manner.
Black and white shower curtains are usually made of PVC vinyl, but recently more EVA Vinyl has hit the market because of its reputation as an “eco-friendly” alternative.
To keep your black and white shower curtains clean give them a quick rinse to remove any soap scum or dirty water after each use.
Then you will want to keep your shower curtains partially open. This allow them to dry completely and to release the humidity trapped behind them and to also keep it from remaining in any folds of the shower curtains.
Caring for Black and white shower curtains
The drier you can keep your shower curtains the fresher and cleaner they will remain. For a more thorough cleaning of vinyl shower curtains, throw them in the washing machine with a few towels. These will help scrub the curtains. Use regular detergent on a warm water setting.
Do not put shower curtains in a dryer, as they could melt. The easiest way to dry them is to just hang them back up in the bathroom.
Cotton or fabric shower curtains may call for cleaning more often. A shower liner is an option to help keep your shower curtains clean, whether your shower curtains are made from synthetic material or fabric.
Black and White Curtains Drapes
There is a lot you would want to know about black and white curtains drapes, and just the fact that they are different makes you think of them a bit differently for sure.
The point though is more than 50% homeowners would love to use the black and white curtains drapes in their home.Obviously then, we have to think that these curtains drapes are excellent value-adds to the style quotient of the home itself.
What you should know before buy curtain drapes:
Now, here is a bit of an intriguing point, which you should know – More than half the homeowners weren’t really sure if they would have liked to purchase the black and white curtains drapes. They went in with the idea of buying colored drapes, but eventually bought the black and white curtains drapes for their homes. This goes to say one thing about the black and white curtains drapes – They have enough in them to catch the attention of unsuspecting shoppers for sure.
Why should I buy black and white curtains drapes?
- You may think of bidding style and elegance goodbye with the purchase of black and white curtains drapes for your home, but actually you would only be welcoming the style factor in your home, in a different way albeit.
- They add a lot of polished style to your home and mind you, while this is being said, it is important to note that black and white curtains drapes don’t fit all living rooms.
- This could be a bit of a dampener for all those of you who wished to buy them for your homes.
One thing is for sure – These black and white curtains drapes are simple enough to blend in any room, but simplicity doesn’t quite go well in rooms that are already simple in their outline and outlook?
What we wish to say here is that these black and white curtains, drapes work well for rooms that are fuzzy and snappy, just for these drapes to work by adding a bit of contrast to the room itself. Based on the homes where we have seen the use of the black and white curtains drapes, this point gets attested for sure.
Before you buy any of these drapes though, remember that all the points that applied for the purchase of curtains for your home will continue to apply. Just the fact that these curtains have black and white as their colors doesn’t mean you have to ignore what is being advised to you on the shopping front.
You still have to consider the length of the curtains, the fabric of the curtains and other such factors, which will help you choosing the best possible curtain for use.