What are the best glass coffee tables for 2019?
We’ve analyzed over 40 coffee tables to give you the best results.
We looked at designs. We looked at personalization. We even looked at the glass material used.
There are many types of coffee tables are available in the market. The glass coffee table is undoubtedly one of the most popular types around.
Here are some things you should know about.
In general, glass coffee tables are not made entirely from the glass. They have a glass tabletop with a supporting metal, wooden, or hard plastic support structure.
The top is commonly made from thick tempered glass, which is one of the toughest glass types around so it is not prone to breaking.
In the event that it does break, the remains will be in cube form and not sharp shards as in weak or thin glass types.
Table of Contents
- Best Glass Coffee Tables
- 1. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Nestor Glass Top Coffee Table
- 2. WE Furniture 36″ Short Coffee Table For Living Room
- 3. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Glass Top Coffee Table
- 4. Southern Enterprises Glass Cocktail Table, Silver Frame Finish
- 5. Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Kelton Coffee Table with 2 Stools
- 6. Mecor Rectangle Glass Coffee Table-Modern Side Coffee Table
- 7. Panorama Cocktail Table
- 8. Ryan Rove Ashley – Oval Two Tier Glass Coffee Table
- 9. Tangkula Glass Coffee Table
- 10. Convenience Concepts SoHo Coffee Table, Faux Birch / Glass
- 11. Yaheetech Round Oval Glass Top Coffee
- 12. Merax Black Highlight Glass Top Cocktail Coffee Table with Wooden Legs
- 13. Winsome Genoa Rectangular Coffee Table with Glass Top And Shelf
- 14. Global Furniture Clear/Frosted Occasional Coffee Table with Glossy White Legs
- 15. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Contemporary Glass Coffee Table – Silver
- 16. bonVIVO Designer Coffee Table Donatella, Modern Coffee Table for Living Room
- 17. Sauder 417830 Int Lux Coffee Table Round, Glass Gold Finish
- 18. Furniture of America Xenda Coffee Table with 8mm Tempered Glass Top
- 19. Topeakmart Modern Design Cocktail Coffee Table Tempered Glass Top
- 20. Fab Glass and Mirror Stylish Coffee Table, Oval, White
- Why choose a glass coffee table?
- Rounded Corners
- Safety glass
- Metal Frame
- End Tables
- Glass Coffee Table – Design and Styles to Fit Your Home
- Black Glass Coffee Table
- Round Glass Coffee Table
- Square Glass Coffee Table
- Modern Glass Coffee Table
- Oval Glass Coffee Table
- Cleaning Your Glass Coffee Table
- What to look for when you are buying glass coffee tables
Best Glass Coffee Tables
1. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Nestor Glass Top Coffee Table
2. WE Furniture 36″ Short Coffee Table For Living Room
3. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Glass Top Coffee Table
4. Southern Enterprises Glass Cocktail Table, Silver Frame Finish
5. Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Kelton Coffee Table with 2 Stools
6. Mecor Rectangle Glass Coffee Table-Modern Side Coffee Table
7. Panorama Cocktail Table
8. Ryan Rove Ashley – Oval Two Tier Glass Coffee Table
9. Tangkula Glass Coffee Table
10. Convenience Concepts SoHo Coffee Table, Faux Birch / Glass
11. Yaheetech Round Oval Glass Top Coffee
12. Merax Black Highlight Glass Top Cocktail Coffee Table with Wooden Legs
13. Winsome Genoa Rectangular Coffee Table with Glass Top And Shelf
14. Global Furniture Clear/Frosted Occasional Coffee Table with Glossy White Legs
15. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Contemporary Glass Coffee Table – Silver
16. bonVIVO Designer Coffee Table Donatella, Modern Coffee Table for Living Room
17. Sauder 417830 Int Lux Coffee Table Round, Glass Gold Finish
18. Furniture of America Xenda Coffee Table with 8mm Tempered Glass Top
19. Topeakmart Modern Design Cocktail Coffee Table Tempered Glass Top
20. Fab Glass and Mirror Stylish Coffee Table, Oval, White
Why choose a glass coffee table?
There are numerous advantages to having a glass table.
Both easy to clean and maintain and highly scratch-resistant, even more so than wood.
Glass coffee tables are the best match for many more modern-style living rooms.
They are charming and elegant in their own way. Some things to look for in a glass coffee table are:
Sharp, right-angled corners on a coffee table can result in minor injuries even if the glass remains unbroken.
So it is generally a good idea to look for rounded corners on your prospective coffee table.
Also look to make sure the edges are well rounded, without any sharp edges, as such edges can cut unwary consumers.
Also known as tempered glass, is a unique glass made in the same manner as the side and door windows on a car.
Safety glass is much more durable, making it less likely to break, and in the rare cases that it does.
It will fracture into hundreds of small, rounded pieces instead of large sharp fragments that can be severely detrimental to health.
These features make the tempered glass much safer than regular glass.
To determine if the coffee table you are examining utilizes safety glass, ask a store representative, or look for a mark identifying it at the tempered glass.
Ideally, the glass should be a 12mm grade of tempered safety glass with rounded corners and edges.
Something you should look for in a glass coffee table is a solid, sturdy metal frame.
This will reduce the chance of accidental breakage; additionally, stylized frames can help accentuate decorative aspects of glass furniture.
Make sure the frame style matches your existing living room décor.
It is vital to choose the right size of the glass coffee table.
Generally, when in doubt go for smaller furniture pieces, as small tables are less likely to be bumped into, reducing the chance of damage or breakage.
For most living rooms, try to leave several feet of space between the table and surrounding furniture and walls.
Many glass coffee tables come as a set with end tables, small pieces usually used for such mundane tasks as holding drinks and remotes.
Consider looking at full sets before buying a lone coffee table, as buying furniture in sets is usually more cost-effective than purchasing pieces one by one.
But as decorative pieces, they are not to be taken lightly, as they, too, have an impact on your living room’s overall air.
Most of the same rules apply to glass end tables as to their larger counterparts.
Shopping for a coffee table can be time-consuming and taxing, glass tables doubly so, but such a critical furniture piece for your living room merits substantial planning and forethought before purchase.
With safety glass and rounded edges and corners, a glass coffee table can be every bit as safe as it’s wood or metal equivalents.
Take the above points into consideration, and soon you will locate the coffee table that is best for you.
Glass Coffee Table – Design and Styles to Fit Your Home
Glass coffee tables can be the focal point of any formal living room, living room or den. The designs continue to get more ambitious and amazing as the artists continue to push the limits of interior design. Whether you are going for more of a contemporary look or selecting yourtable to be a modern center piece, you cannot make a mistake. Today’s selection of glass coffee tables is astounding to say the least and below we have outlined a few of the up and coming favorites.
Black Glass Coffee Table
Black glass coffee tables are unique and stylish. They represent a more modern feel with simple elegance.
Not all black glass top tables are created equal so choose carefully when making your final selection.
They come in many forms and many styles and the ultimate decision will come down to matching your current interior.
If you are purchasing new furniture then it will be an easy addition but if you are trying to refresh your look with an updated piece then it can be more challenging.
It is accepted that most traditional coffee tables use a wooden base and modern styles use a metal or artistic pedestal.
As long as you are happy with the way fits into your interior design then that is all that matters in the end.
Round Glass Coffee Table
Now, this is a stunning addition to any home.
These round glass tops make any interior “pop” with excitement and style.
Usually saved for the modern style of furniture there are some unique traditional bases available that would be a welcome addition to any home.
While the term “round” can be objective, there are many options available.
Round can mean circular, oval, or even a freestyle modern “round”.
It is really up to you and your personal tastes in home décor. A nice addition to your round glass coffee table purchase would be a nice set of matching end tables. It really is up to you!
Square Glass Coffee Table
Zip, zoom, bang! Wow with its rigid lines and structure square glass coffee tables are a standout and statement in your home!
Don’t let those straight lines fool you, these are becoming very popular in the design world and for good reason.
As the centerpiece of your room, it is important that you select something that will make a statement about who you are and what you want the world to know about you.
It is my opinion that nothing can do that better than with a square top coffee table.
I’ve seen many designers take some leeway in their definition of the square but their designs are still amazing.
Modern Glass Coffee Table
With any movement in design and fashion, you will eventually come to the term “modern”.
What does that mean?
Well, it really depends on your personal taste and style. In the coffee table industry, it means free-flowing designs.
Sometimes artistic bases and often rigid feeling pedestals.
These tables are definitely a statement and something you want to consider carefully because choosing incorrectly could be costly.
It is difficult to place a modern glass coffee table into your existing home unless it has already been deemed a modern design.
If you are simply purchasing a new set of furniture then your style will be clearly demonstrated by the entire set.
I have seen many modern designs with a complete disregard for synergy and completeness but these styles are difficult to pull off alone.
If this is your desire then we suggest finding a qualified interior designer to help with your choice.
Don’t be afraid to take this leap though because the benefit is an amazing statement of your in-home style and design.
Oval Glass Coffee Table
Simple, elegant and a long-standing favorite in all interior design circles is the oval glass coffee table.
You really cannot go wrong with this wonderful piece of furniture.
These tables can be placed in just about any room that is suited for a coffee table whether formal or casual.
A specific thing to notice is the pedestal that will support the glass.
It will be visible so make sure you choose the correct design elements that fit into your home décor.
Oval glass tables make a wonderful addition to any home.
No matter what you choose to be sure to purchase your table with a high-quality glass top because we wouldn’t want to have any accidents or breakage.
Please don’t let your glass coffee table become the catch-all for the living room.
Make sure your family understands that this is a statement about your home and if clutter persists then maybe you need to get another glass coffee table.
Cleaning Your Glass Coffee Table
What to look for when you are buying glass coffee tables
There are two types of glass used in making these tables – tempered glass and annealed glass.
Tempered glass is much stronger.
It is produced by heating it to just below the melting point and is then blasted with cold air to cool it very quickly.
This toughens it and makes it scratch-proof, and also changes its properties. When tempered glass breaks, it shatters into small rounded pieces that have no edge.
Annealed glass is slow-cooled, and produces a very tough glass. It breaks into sharp pieces when shattered.
Given that glass coffee tables will be in family homes, choose a tempered glass table as it is safer in the event of an accident (sometimes the type of glass is labeled, but often it is not – press the salesman to find out for you before you purchase).
If you can, choose a table with a slight tint to the glass so that it is visible at all times.
Tables with rounded edges rather than square edges are safer, especially if you have a house full of children running around bumping into all the furniture.
Uses for the coffee table
Think about what you will be using the table for before you buy it. Will it have to hold your remote control and all your magazines as well as coffee cups?
Then choose a heavy table with a second layer underneath where you can store things. The general rule of thumb is that the more you intend to put on the table, the heavier it’s construction should be.
The other important thing is the height of the table. Take into account the height of your sofas – your coffee table should be either the same height or slightly lower.
If it is higher than the sofas, the proportions of the room will look wrong.
Chosen carefully, glass coffee tables can add a touch of sophistication and modernity to the look of your living room.