Are you currently thinking about placing pink rugs in your home’s interior decorating? Maybe you are considering placing a pink area rug in your little girl’s bedroom or game room.
Or maybe you’re seeking a pink area rug to use in your personal bedroom, bathroom, or maybe living room area. I must say that you’re making a wise and bold selection.
Area rugs are very useful and decorative additions to any room. Rugs help demarcate an area, divide rooms into sections, or draw attention to a particular section of the room. They can add color to a room and change the feel of the whole room.
Further, are rugs provide warmth during winter months protecting us from the chill of cold tiles and wood. Definitely worth the money you spend on them.
Last update on 2020-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Pink Rugs
- 1.1 1. junovo Round Fluffy Soft Area Rugs for Kids Girls Room
- 1.2 2. Ashler Faux Fur Pink Round Area Rug Indoor
- 1.3 3. Andecor Soft Fluffy Bedroom Rugs – 4 x 6 Feet Indoor Shaggy Plush Area Rug
- 1.4 4. Fluffy Soft Kids Room Rug Baby Nursery Decor
- 1.5 5. YOH Fluffy Pink Area Rugs for Bedroom Girls Rooms Kids Rooms Nursery Decor Mats 2.6’x5.3’
- 1.6 6. Noahas Super Soft Modern Shag Area Rugs
- 1.7 7. Ophanie Ultra Soft Fluffy Area Rugs for Living Room, Luxury Shag Rug Faux Fur Non-Slip Floor Carpet for Bedroom
- 1.8 8. Pink Round Rug for Bedroom,Fluffy Circle Rug 4’X4′ for Kids Room
- 1.9 9. Ultra Soft Modern Shag Area Rugs Bedroom Livingroom Carpet, Fluffy Plush Baby Girls Nursery
- 1.10 10. Rostyle Super Soft Fluffy Nursery Rug for Kids Teens Room Comfy Cute Floor Carpets Kids Playing Mat
- 1.11 11. Noahas Ultra Soft Velvet Bedroom Rugs Kids Room Carpet Modern Shaggy Area Rugs Home Decor 2.6′ X 5.3′, Pink
- 1.12 12. Noahas Luxury Round Rugs for Princess Castle Ultra Soft Play Tent Rug Circular Area Rugs
- 1.13 13. Ciicool Faux Sheepskin Rugs Soft Faux Fur Rugs Pink Fluffy Rugs Chair Couch Cover
- 1.14 14. Foxmas Ultra Soft Fluffy Area Rugs for Bedroom Kids Room Plush Shaggy Nursery Rug
- 1.15 15. Safavieh Monaco Collection MNC225D Modern Boho Abstract Watercolor Area Rug, 3′ Round, Pink/Multi
- 2 Pink Area Rugs
- 3 Materials
- 4 Consider the decor when buying pink Rugs
- 5 Contemporary Pink Area rug
- 6 What to consider when choosing a pink area rug
- 7 A Brief Overview of Area Rugs
- 8 How to Clean a Fluffy Rug
Best Pink Rugs
1. junovo Round Fluffy Soft Area Rugs for Kids Girls Room
2. Ashler Faux Fur Pink Round Area Rug Indoor
3. Andecor Soft Fluffy Bedroom Rugs – 4 x 6 Feet Indoor Shaggy Plush Area Rug
4. Fluffy Soft Kids Room Rug Baby Nursery Decor
5. YOH Fluffy Pink Area Rugs for Bedroom Girls Rooms Kids Rooms Nursery Decor Mats 2.6’x5.3’
6. Noahas Super Soft Modern Shag Area Rugs
7. Ophanie Ultra Soft Fluffy Area Rugs for Living Room, Luxury Shag Rug Faux Fur Non-Slip Floor Carpet for Bedroom
8. Pink Round Rug for Bedroom,Fluffy Circle Rug 4’X4′ for Kids Room
9. Ultra Soft Modern Shag Area Rugs Bedroom Livingroom Carpet, Fluffy Plush Baby Girls Nursery
10. Rostyle Super Soft Fluffy Nursery Rug for Kids Teens Room Comfy Cute Floor Carpets Kids Playing Mat
11. Noahas Ultra Soft Velvet Bedroom Rugs Kids Room Carpet Modern Shaggy Area Rugs Home Decor 2.6′ X 5.3′, Pink
12. Noahas Luxury Round Rugs for Princess Castle Ultra Soft Play Tent Rug Circular Area Rugs
13. Ciicool Faux Sheepskin Rugs Soft Faux Fur Rugs Pink Fluffy Rugs Chair Couch Cover
14. Foxmas Ultra Soft Fluffy Area Rugs for Bedroom Kids Room Plush Shaggy Nursery Rug
15. Safavieh Monaco Collection MNC225D Modern Boho Abstract Watercolor Area Rug, 3′ Round, Pink/Multi
Pink Area Rugs
Pink area rugs are available in many different shades of pink, from deep pink with shades of brown to hot pink to light baby pink or pearl pink. Bright pink area rugs bring color and charm to even the drabbest looking room.
If you are selecting deeper shades of pink or hot pink, then take care that the color doesn’t clash with the rest of your room’s color scheme. With bright pink colored area rug, the color is more noticeable and difficult to blend in with the rest of the scheme unless care is taken. On the other hand, faded or lighter shades may not pose such a problem.
You could also get rugs with shades of pink as well as other colors for rooms which are used not just by girls but other family members as well, such as your living room.
Pink area rugs are available in sizes ranging from small to large and in shapes such as round, oval, square, or rectangular and octagonal area rugs. Select a size and shape which best suits your needs.
The rugs without sharp corners are used to soften the feel of hardwood or cold tile floor. Square or rectangular area rugs are also very popular since they fit rooms of almost any contour. Octagonal area rugs are rarer but are a charming addition as a centerpiece. You might even arrange the furniture along with the rectangular or octagonal area rugs.
Pink area rugs are also available in different materials such as wool, leather, silk, cotton, and synthetic and different styles such as oriental, Persian, flokati, braided, hand-tufted, and contemporary.
Among natural fibers, woolen carpets are the best since they are soft, strong, and durable and are cheaper than silk. Silk is added to provide luster and improve the texture of the rugs. Just like wool, silk is also long-lasting and has a soft feel but is more expensive.
Both are hypoallergenic. Kashmiri and Persian rugs are usually made of silk, at times mixed with wool. Cotton rugs, which have cotton mixed with wool are soft but are not as durable as wool. Cotton also attracts dust mites and may cause allergies unless kept very clean.
Keeping your rugs clean ensures their long life. Vacuum the rugs regularly. You could also use rug pads. Rug pads are very useful in protecting your rugs.
Consider the decor when buying pink Rugs
You may have thought that a pink rug was not suitable for every room in your home but there is so much variety available in pink rugs that you would be surprised. It depends on the decor, of course, what color is suitable but you can use a pink area rug anywhere excepting perhaps the garage!
Pink ranges from the palest blush on an almost white rug to the deepest fuchsia with every color in between.
The pastel shades are suitable for romantic style fairy tale bedrooms favored by little girls and great for a baby girl’s dream nursery. They go well with pure white and other pastel shades. A washable pink shag rug made of the softest cotton would work well here and be very practical. When your little princess makes a mess you simply pop your rug in the washing machine and it comes out looking beautiful again!
Pink Braided Rug
If you love traditional crafts look for a pale pink braided rug. Hand made braided rugs can be expensive but if your budget does not run to that you will find many of these rugs are also machine made and imported these days which makes them cheaper.
As kids get older they tend to prefer a brighter Barbie pink rather than pastels for their rooms. A hot pink rug would be great to liven up neutral flooring and would be sure to delight. You will find hot pink included in rugs with other bright colors if you prefer a dirt camouflaging pattern or you may just prefer a touch of it in a more subtly colored and patterned rug for a pretty and more grown-up effect which appeals to those of us past our Barbie stage.
Contemporary Pink Area rug
If you prefer a contemporary look you will find pink mixed with other colors in large geometric patterns. You have to find the right color combination of course but whether you want a pink and brown rug or pink mixed with green or blue you are bound to find something suitable.
If you want something in particular colors like this you are better to look online than rely on finding something locally. You would probably struggle to find a good match in the limited selection a store is able to stock.
If you have a pure white neutral bathroom you would like to liven up then a pink bath rug makes a great addition. I have seen a large white bathroom made much warmer feeling with the addition of a (washable) pink round rug in the center of the floor, a matching bath rug, towels in white baskets, and a few pink and pale green accessories.
What to consider when choosing a pink area rug
Here are the choices you should think of when looking for a pink area rug.
1) Dimension. The most famous dimensions are 5×7, 8×10, and even 10×12 for standard sized rooms plus 2×3 or 2×4 for kitchen areas. However, many companies will custom dimension selection for you. Only be conscious of the price might be significantly higher for the customized rug compared to it’ll get a pre-made one.
2) Hand-made or machine manufactured. The variations in good quality can be important, but so can the cost. Generally, hand-made area carpets consist of more complex patterns and style, and the toughness of options is usually better than that of a machine manufactured one.
3) Design. What kind of pattern do you need? The price of most rugs in a specific category will remain on the same whatever kind of pattern you select. Thus, choose something you want.
4) Fringe or zero fringes. All very good rugs would be certain to protect the sides from fraying and operating, but some have fringes on the sides while some will not. These really are obviously a few personal choices but know that fringed rugs generally have a slightly high price tag. This is particularly true if the model from the fringe is complex.
A Brief Overview of Area Rugs
The number of different styles of area rugs is rather extensive. When most people think of these types of floor coverings, many associate them with the popular Persian Rugs. Oriental and Turkish rugs may also come to mind.
While these names have become popular when it comes to rugs, there are, in fact, many differing styles. Some of the lesser-known styles include Indian, Native -American, and Tibetan to name a few. This section will give information on the more popular Persian and Oriental rugs and touch on the lesser-known styles as well.
First Things First
The various styles of rugs stem from the various techniques used to craft them and the materials used. On one hand, rugs can be hand-knotted antiques that are high in value and price. On the other, area rugs can be modern, manufactured rugs that replicate older designs and colors.
Traditional materials for crafting were wool and silk, with synthetic fibers, like nylon, polyester, and olefin, being used in factory manufactured rugs. Many traditionalists still feel that wool area rugs are the best in terms of durability and quality.
Typically, Persian rugs fall into one of three design categories: floral, pictorial, or geometric. A true Persian rug is handcrafted in Iran, formally known as Persia, and features a border to emphasize the pattern.
Many people, mistakenly, associate Persian with Oriental believing them to be two different names for the same style of rug. The best identifying feature of a Persian is its border. Don’t be fooled by a borderless rug claiming to be Persian. Like a fine wine, a Persian looks even better as it ages. It may take 30 to 40 years for a well- crafted Persian rug to look its finest.
Oriental rugs were originally hand-woven in China. Now they can come from India, Western China, Iran, Central Asia, the Caucasus, or Turkey. They are often made from natural fibers such as wool, silk, or cotton. Known for their warmth and beauty, they are extremely durable and long-lasting.
Indian rug designs were influenced by those in Persia. The most popular designs were floral motifs such as flowers, plants, and leaves. These patterns were repeated throughout the rug. Being influenced by the Persian designs, Indian rugs included a border with similar motifs as the main rug.
The predominant colors seem to be brown and red, with varying shades of green and orange also appearing. Some names associated with Indian rug are Jaipur, Agra, Kashmir, Dhurries, and Indo-mir.
Native American Rugs
Navajo wool blankets are mainly associated with Native American Rugs. These are flat weaves that date back to the late 18th century. However, by 1890, blanket weaving moved to rug weaving in response to the interest of traders. The earlier wool blankets were divided into three types: Chief blankets, Serape blankets, and Eye Dazzler weavings.
These rugs are characterized by their vivid colors, large motifs, and dominant backgrounds. The main colors are usually, black, blue, red, and orange. Occasionally, yellow, and ivory is used. The designs are strongly influenced by the Chinese style and can be geometric or curvilinear. The different types of rugs include the medallions, the flower and rosettes, the mythological animal and birds, the geometrical designs, and the rugs used in monasteries for ceremonial purposes.
An interesting side note is that all rugs were originally outdoor rugs. They were used as makeshift floors for tents and also as blankets. Since it was primarily nomadic tribes that used them, the ease of transportation made these first-floor coverings ideal.
How to Clean a Fluffy Rug