A square glass coffee table makes a great centerpiece for any room.
Placed in a perfect spot of your living room, the overall style, look and feel of your living room will change significantly.
Table of Contents
- Best Square Coffee Tables
- 1. Convenience Concepts Omega Square Coffee Table, 36″, Espresso
- 2. International Concepts OT-70SC Hampton Square Coffee Table, Unfinished
- 3. Rustic Square Crate Style Wood Like Coffee Table with Open Shelf and Storage in Espresso.
- 4. Simpli Home AXCMON-02 Monroe Solid Acacia Wood 38 inch Wide Square Rustic Coffee Table
- 5. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Coylin Square Cocktail Table
- 6. Great Deal Furniture 295922 Haring Square Rotating Wood Coffee Table, Black Oak
- 7. Best Selling Storage Ottoman Coffee Table Square Shaped Premium Bonded Leather in Espresso Brown
- 8. AVE SIX Merge Square Coffee Table, Espresso
- 9. ioHOMES Celio Square Coffee Table, Red Cocoa
- 10. ioHOMES Morgan Square Coffee Table with Serving Tray, Black
- 11. Belham Living Bartlett Square Coffee Table
- 12. Furniture of America Bartoll Square Storage Coffee Table in Walnut
- 13. Simpli Home AXCOT-235-G Dover 36 inch Wide Contemporary Square Storage Ottoman
- 14. Christopher Knight Home 339626 Living Berkeley Brown Leather Square Storage Ottoman, Espresso
- 15. Simpli Home AXCAVY-05 Avery Solid Aged Elm Wood 34 inch Wide Square Modern Industrial Coffee Table
- Why use a Square Coffee table?
- Get a Square Coffee Table set
- Consider Materials When Buying a Square Coffee Table
- A Square Coffee Table with Coasters
Best Square Coffee Tables
1. Convenience Concepts Omega Square Coffee Table, 36″, Espresso
2. International Concepts OT-70SC Hampton Square Coffee Table, Unfinished
3. Rustic Square Crate Style Wood Like Coffee Table with Open Shelf and Storage in Espresso.
4. Simpli Home AXCMON-02 Monroe Solid Acacia Wood 38 inch Wide Square Rustic Coffee Table
5. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Coylin Square Cocktail Table
6. Great Deal Furniture 295922 Haring Square Rotating Wood Coffee Table, Black Oak
7. Best Selling Storage Ottoman Coffee Table Square Shaped Premium Bonded Leather in Espresso Brown
8. AVE SIX Merge Square Coffee Table, Espresso
9. ioHOMES Celio Square Coffee Table, Red Cocoa
10. ioHOMES Morgan Square Coffee Table with Serving Tray, Black
11. Belham Living Bartlett Square Coffee Table
12. Furniture of America Bartoll Square Storage Coffee Table in Walnut
13. Simpli Home AXCOT-235-G Dover 36 inch Wide Contemporary Square Storage Ottoman
14. Christopher Knight Home 339626 Living Berkeley Brown Leather Square Storage Ottoman, Espresso
15. Simpli Home AXCAVY-05 Avery Solid Aged Elm Wood 34 inch Wide Square Modern Industrial Coffee Table
Why use a Square Coffee table?
The coffee table is a popular item today that is found in almost all homes in the country. Today, coffee tables are made from several different types of materials. Lets look at some of the most widely used materials around to create coffee tables for the modern-day users.
Slate Square Coffee Tables
Slate rocks are extremely sturdy me trials which were previously used only as flooring or siding for the home.
Only in recent years, people have discovered the beauty and potential of this material to be used as a tabletop.
Slate coffee tables certainly add that touch of slate and grandeur to any living room.
Square Lucite Coffee Table
Lucite is transparent plexiglass that mimics the appearance of glass but are more durable and easier to work with than glass.
Lucite can be colored and frosted to create some of the most breathtaking displays of artwork.
The unique coffee tables we have in the marketplace mostly lakes use of this new material to create really stunning effects.
Leather Coffee Tables and would not make a good match if you have kids around or worse, pets. Cats and dogs love to scratch their claws on furniture and just imagine what happens if your precious pet were to enjoy a session of vigorous scratching on the newly purchased leather coffee table.Â
Square Glass Top Coffee Tables
Glass coffee table is elegant and classy and it can be matched into any theme you have for your living room.
The sheer ability enjoys the materials you place beneath the table is another bonus when you have the glass coffee table in your home.
If you have an expensive carpet, you may want to invest in a glass coffee table.
Get a Square Coffee Table set
I have talked about getting more than one square coffee table for your living space, but in this post, I am going to talk about purchasing a coffee table set.
Coffee table sets are a good alternative to buying multiple coffee tables of the same size and shape.
A coffee table set can complement your living space by following the same theme you already have for the room. You may have a Victorian-style house or room and want to get a wrought iron table for this.
That would be an excellent addition to the room.
If you have a modern home, you may want to lean towards oak coffee tables. Your coffee table set can include a sofa table or a round end table to make the set complete.
If you are ambitious and want to go all out, you can purchase the whole furniture set with your coffee table set. You can get complete furniture sets from stores like Value City Furniture or La-Z-Boy.
Their stores show you how all the furniture can work together to make the perfect living space. You can once again decide how elegant or simple you want the room to be. You can get more contemporary furniture set with microfiber sofas and glass coffee tables.
The microfiber is usually stain-resistant and easy to clean, so that would be a practical choice if you have animals or younger kids.
If you want to go with a more elegant style, you can get leather furniture with oak coffee tables. You will be sure to impress your friends with that combination.
Consider Materials When Buying a Square Coffee Table
So you’ve determined that a square coffee table will best fit your room and furniture arrangement, and you may have even picked out a few styles that you like.
But, have you considered what material this highly used furniture piece will best suit your needs?
Here are some considerations to think about regarding the material of your square coffee table:
Use—Use is really the most important factor when choosing your coffee table. Coffee tables have a plethora of uses and some materials are going to be more durable than others depending on what those uses are. Figure out what the most frequent use is going to be, then decide the strength and durability you need.
For lower-end, less durable materials, look for tables made of particleboard, MDF, or a plywood material.
They are typically lighter to carry/move and are sometimes hollow or nearly hollow inside the top and/or legs.
Because of the nearly hollow inside, gouges and punctures may be tricky to repair and serve as major eyesores.
MDF may be painted but particleboard and plywood will likely be finished with thin wood or plastic laminate material on top.
Budget-friendly square coffee tables made from these materials can work out just fine for many people, but keep in mind that heavy objects set on top may cause bowing.
The lighter weight of the material may make the table more apt to slide out of place, and certain finishes/coatings may be subject to staining and water rings from drinks that drip with condensation.
The most classic material for a square coffee table is wood. Wood is solid and durable and can come in a variety of appealing grain patterns and painted or stained finishes.
However, a square wood coffee table is still subject to warping in dry environments so keep it polished to give it a little moisture.
Some solid wood coffee tables still have a laminate finish to protect against water rings while others will have a thick coat of clear wax that may still suffer stains.
You don’t have to worry about punctures, but chips, gouges, and cracks are still possible, though there are many materials available at home improvement stores made for fixing or disguising these imperfections.
There are many square coffee tables that go beyond the classic look and are made with a variety of solid and mixed materials.
Some of these materials include wood with solid surface tops or insets (glass, marble, granite, slate), cast iron, and metal.
There are also options to use one material for the top while choosing a different material for the legs.
Choose your material(s) carefully to get the most durability for the use of your square coffee table!
A Square Coffee Table with Coasters
A common decision that has to be made regarding a coffee table is what you are going to put on it.
A square coffee table can be used for many things, and coasters are one of those items.
Coasters – These are very practical since most people like to enjoy their beverage of choice while sitting down. I prefer coasters that contain cork since it absorbs most of the condensation.
The ones I use have a ceramic rim and have cork both on the top and on the bottom. They are a little heavy, but well worth it.
They are especially useful in warmer weather since cold drinks have a tendency to sweat profusely.
If you are looking for something a little more casual, you can buy rubber coasters.
Those usually have dimples that allow for water to collect at the bottom, kind of like a welcome rubber mat you would put in a mudroom.
If you want something a little nicer, but not too expensive, Target sells several different types of Tile coasters that look very nice. You can find a variety of coasters from other retailers like Macy’s and Wal-Mart.