For many homes nowadays, a stainless steel grill is almost a necessity, especially where healthy cooking methods are concerned. Grilling is, after all, one of the healthiest forms of cooking food since the fruits and vegetables as well as fishes and meats cook on their own juices, with just the addition of salt, pepper, and oil to season them.
But first, before you go looking at a selection of stainless steel BBQ grills, it is a good idea to know a few things about these products before making a final decision.
Table of Contents
What is Stainless Steel Grill?
More often than not, stainless steel barbecue grills come with multiple burners that allow for simultaneous cooking of the foods from the appetizer to the dessert. (Yes, there are desserts that require grilling like grilled peaches with cream) Also, the grill features many cooking surfaces like a barbecue surface, ribbed grill and a flat grill, a work surface for pasta and rice dishes, and, for a few dollars more, a full rotisserie.
And because of the multiple burners, food can be cooked at different temperatures, which is essential as great cooking often requires specific amounts of heat. Plus, there are stainless steel BBQ grills that boast of a warming feature to, obviously, keep your food warm while waiting for them to be served at the table. Just keep in mind that the more features a stainless steel BBQ grill offers, the more likely that it will sport a higher price tag.
Aside from the abovementioned benefits of multiple cooking and warming features, stainless steel barbecue grills are not highly-desired kitchen or patio appliances for nothing. Just to name a few more of its benefits for people who are skeptical of the cost:
- Because of their materials used, stainless steel BBQ grills retain even heat all around. As such, you can use a stainless steel BBQ grill for both direct heat and indirect heat cooking. Again, this is an advantage as different types of food require different types of heat to bring out their flavors while preserving their nutrients.
- Unlike other grills made from other materials, a stainless steel grill is almost rust-free and rust-resistant with proper care and maintenance. After every use, make sure to clean the surfaces with a mild soap-water solution to remove the dirt, dust, and grime. At least once a month, you may also use a special stainless steel cleaner to bring back the luster of the stainless steel.
- A stainless steel barbecue grill is almost scratch-resistant because of the metal used. But that does not necessarily mean that you can whack away at the surfaces with sharp and abrasive objects like wire grill brushes and cleaners.
In the end, your stainless steel BBQ grill is only as good as the uses you put into them. Thus, you have to consider the foods that you can and will cook on it before deciding on the fanciest grill you can find in the store since many of its features may remain unused given your level of expertise as a home chef.
Brinkmann BBQ Grills – What Makes These Grills So Good?
When it comes to the best budget gas grill in the market today, the Brinkmann BBQ grill immediately comes to mind. These grills are from the Brinkmann Corporation, manufacturers of other products ranging from lawn and garden products to hunting and fishing gear. As can be expected from a company that caters to the outdoor life, its barbecue grills are one of the best in the industry.
The features will vary from one Brinkmann barbecue grill to the next. Most full-sized Brinkman grills, however, will boast of the following features:
* Chrome-plated steel grills with weight limits reaching up to 50 pounds of food on its surface
* Charcoal grill and smoker with a built-in thermometer
* Pans with either porcelain or aluminized steel pans
* Wooden handles for safety and vinyl cover for protection when not in use
When looking at the features of the Brinkmann BBQ grills in the store or site, you have to determine your need for them. Keep in mind that the more features available on a grill, the higher its price will be. The question is: Are you willing to pay for something that you may never use in the grill’s lifetime? If you need a replacement for your grill, look at Stainless steel grates.
One of the foremost merits that consumers claim about any of the Brinkmann grills is their relatively inexpensive prices compared to other grill brands with similar features. With such affordable prices, it is no wonder then that Brinkmann grills are one of the most popular in the market today.
But it will be unfair to say that the major selling point of Brinkmann barbeque grills is the price. You will be able to enjoy many more advantages to a full-sized Brinkmann grill, a few of which are as follows:
- Simultaneous cooking of many different kinds of food because of the multiple cooking grills. Just place the fastest-cooking food on the top grill and the slowest-cooking item on the lower grills.
- The built-in thermometer on the domed lid allows for easy checking of the temperature so that adjustments can be made. At the very least, you will not be doing guesswork with the temperature, which can often lead to undercooked or overcooked meals. Unless, of course, you are one very experienced chef.
- The front-hinged door permits easy additions of water or charcoal during the smoking process. Your meats and fishes will then have just the right smoky flavor to them.
- It can be easily cleaned with a mild soap-water cleaning solution. Just make sure to wipe after it has cooled down to avoid skin burns and other accidents.
With these benefits, who can resist buying a Brinkmann barbecue grill?
Still, you may want to consider the demerits of these grills. When compared with other brands, you will observe that the warranty provided is, well, unsatisfactory at just 1 year for most Brinkmann grills. Now, contrast that with the 2-year warranty on other brands.
But if you can take proper care of your choice in the many Brinkmann BBQ grills, then the warranty is just a bonus. In the end, it is in your hands if and when a grill will last for a lifetime.